The opening track “Shiny” by the male music group Urashimasakatasen is showcased in the first teaser for the original animation Opus Colors. The series will officially debut on April 6, 2023.
Over the last week, the Opus Colors crew has finally announced the performers for the opening theme song, the first complete promotional video, and the April debut date.
Opus Colors Cast and Staff
Opus Colors will be on display at the NBCUniversal stand during AnimeJapan 2023, which will take place on March 25 and 26 at Tokyo Big Sight.
On March 26 at 13:05 (JPT), the primary cast—Yuma Uchida as Yamanashi Kazuya, Ryta Saka as Takise Kiyo, Yichir Umehara as Hajima Iori, Yoshiki Nakajima as Mikuriya Kaede, and Ryta Suzuki as Kirinoe Mashu—will appear on stage.
Cast members for the series include:
- Yūma Uchida as Kazuya Yamanashi,
- Ryota Ohsaka as Kyo Takise,
- Natsuki Hanae as Jun Tsuzuki,
- Toshiyuki Toyonaga as Michitaka Nanba,
- Yuichiro Umehara as Iori Haijima,
- Nobunaga Shimazaki as Takumi Yura,
- Taku Yashiro as Anju Ikaruga,
- Jun Fukuyama as Naoki Yamanashi,
- Makoto Furukawa as Chiharu Sakaki,
- Shugo Nakamura as Yūichi Shido,
- Daiki Yamashita as Kohei Tose,
- Ryota Suzuki as Mashu Kirinoe,
- Nobuhiko Okamoto as Daiki Yura,
- Yoshiki Nakajima as Kaede Mikuriya,
- Katsuyuki Konishi as Rio Nakashizu,
- Daisuke Ono as Makoto Yanagi,
- Kaori Nazuka as Akari Yamanashi, and
- Kousuke Toriumi as Togo Takise.
The team of the STARMYU anime series is reunited in the animation. Opus Colors was also created by Rin Hinata, who also created STARMYU.
At Magic Capsule, Shunsuke Tada is once again in charge of anime direction, while Sayaka Harada is once again in charge of series creation. Character creation is being done by Asami Watanabe. The Anime staff contains,
- Planning/Draft: Rin Hinata
- Director: Shunsuke Tada
- Series Composition: Sayaka Harada
- Character Design: Ayami Watanabe
- Color Design: Taeko Mizuno (Studio Road)
- Art Director: Eito Nakahara
- Director of Photography: Misaki Horiuchi
- Editing: Masayuki Kurosawa
- Sound Director: Hitoshi Akitagawa
- Music: Ken Arai
- Sound Effects: Tomokazu Mitsui (Sound Box)
- Sound Production: Magic Capsule
- Animation Studio: C-Station
Opus Colors Promotional Video
The video provides us with a good look at each character, although it mainly concentrates on Kazuya Yamanashi, Kyo Takise, and Jun Tsuzuki. As he gets older, Kazuya may be seen practicing what appears to be his fascination with “Perception Art.”
It does appear to be a high-school anime from the location since nearly every character is donning a uniform.
What is the Plot of Opus Colors?
The idea is based on the recently created idea of “Perception Art,” a type of digital art that plays with a person’s senses of touch, smell, sight, and hearing. According to the official summary, Perception Art was developed by a team of an artist and a grader, and in the previous 10 years, it has merged with daily life.
The great artists and creators of perception art are the parents of Kazuya Yamanashi. With the goal of becoming an artist, he and his boyhood buddy Jun Tsuzuki have both applied to the famous Eisen High School for the Arts.
Kazuya is in Eisen, meanwhile, for another reason—to reconcile a strained friendship with Kyo Takise. Son of a grader, Kyo was Kazuya and Jun’s childhood friend until one particular occurrence caused him to stop hanging out with them.
Frequently Asked Question
About 10 years ago, “Perception Art” became popular in the art world. It is now a dynamic aspect of people’s lives and has entirely engulfed the planet. In simple, What color is the world in which you live?