There is no doubt Chainsaw Man is the biggest hit of 2022 in the entire anime world. So, it’s very obvious that fans were very eager to know the Chainsaw Man season 2 release date and everything about it.
This series not only beat all of the new anime that were released along with it in 2022, But it also reached the same popularity as other popular modern series such as Jujutsu Kaisen, Tokyo Revenger, and Dr. Stone.
On the other hand, the first season of Chainsaw Man only consists of a total of 12 episodes, which is very low for fans. As a result, they are very excited and eager to watch the second season. Moreover, this time they also expect that season 2 will release more than 12 episodes.
So without any further delay, let’s get straight to this informative news and find out everything about Chainsaw Man 2, such as its expected release date, what we will get to see in it, and cast and staff details.
Chainsaw Man Season 2 Release Date
Unfortunately, neither Mappa Studio nor Tatsuki Fujimoto, the creator of the series, have said anything yet about the release of the second season. However, the first part of the manga title “Public Safety Saga” is already finished as of December 14, 2020.
So there is no doubt they are waiting for any further manga material to make season 2. Furthermore, the second part of the manga, titled “School Saga,” debuted on July 13, 2022, and is currently releasing new chapters.
The series has more than enough material to make season 2. Taking all of this into account, we can conclude that Chainsaw Man season 2 will be expected to released at the end of 2024. However, these are just predictions, and we have to wait for its official announcement.
As soon as we get further information regarding its exact release date, we will immediately share it with you.
Cast and Staff of Chainsaw Man Season 2
Chainsaw Man will certainly have the same cast and staff members who worked on the first season of the series. They all did a great job, whether it be voice acting, animation, music, sound design, or anything else; all things are top-notch.
Moreover, the second season will definetely produced by Studio Mappa, as they don’t have any better choice than them.
Here are the confirmed cast members for Season 2:
- Denji, whose voice will be provided by Kikunosuke Toya,
- Aki Hayakawa, whose voice will be provided by Shogo Sakata,
- Makima, whose voice will be provided by Tomori Kusunoki,
- Power, whose voice will be provided by Fairouz Ai
- Angel Devil, whose voice will be provided by Maaya Uchida
The above cast is the major cast of the series, which is nearly impossible to replace, especially Denji and Makima’s voice artists. Moreover, some new characters will also be making their debut in the upcoming season.
On the other hand, there is a chance that Mappa might make a minor change in their staff members for season 2. This is because every season contains different types of animation, as some have more fan service or fight scenes, so they change their staff accordingly.
What will we get to see in Chainsaw Man Season 2?
The first season of Chainsaw Man adapted the story from Chapter 1 to 39 from its manga counterparts. While adapting these chapters, it already covered the first four major arcs of the series.
Here are the arcs that Season 1 covered:
- Introduction Arc
- Bat Devil Arc
- Eternity Devil Arc
- Katana Man Arc
At the end of the first season, Denji finally defeats the Katana man, who appears to be the toughest opponent for their squad. Now, they are enjoying some quality time with each other before new enemies make their debut.
Here are the upcoming arcs that will be covered in Season 2:
- Bomb Girl Arc: In this arc, Reze will make her debut as the main villain of the arc. She is extremely attractive and one of the hottest female characters in the series, even more beautiful than Makima and Power. Which is why Denji can’t resist trying to come close to her in order to make her fall for him.
- International Assassins Arc: In this arc, several powerful organizations and individuals come after Denji after hearing about his merging with Chainsaw Devil. It also features plenty of the deadliest battles that every manga fan is eager to watch.
- Gun Devil Arc: Finally, Gun Devil, the most fearsome devil of the series, makes his debut in this arc. He also went all out against Makima’s squad, consisting of Denji, Aki, and Power. This battle is one of the best and most anticipated battles of the series.
That’s it for the post! We hope you found this informative news to be useful. Stay tuned with us for more of the latest anime and manga news.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Yes, Part 2 of Chainsaw Man manga already began serialization on July 13, 2022. Moreover, it is still ongoing, and you can read it on Shueisha (for the Japanese version) and Viz Media (for the English version).
Makima is the control devil in Chainsaw Man.
Makima at first seems like a hero character, but her real nature is gradually depicted in the series. Moreover, she is the main villain of the first part of the Chainsaw Man manga.
Source: Chainsaw Man Anime’s Official